Hot, humid days require a little tinkering with our daily skincare regimens. Cleansing is obviously a must, as well as lightweight hydration. This means drinking a lot of H2O and finding the perfect moisturizer for your skin’s needs. Here are some recommendations to keep your skin clear and radiant during the warmer months.
- Water. Lots of it. Drinking water is good for you inside and out. We lose a lot of it in warmer temps, so it’s a must to take in more and stay hydrated. It also keeps your skin clear and glowing.
- Cleansing. Not only does cleansing keep your skin healthy, clean and hydrated, but it prevents breakouts and balances your skin.
- Moisturizing. Some people tend to shy away from moisturizing in warmer temperatures because they equate it with oily, greasy skin. This is definitely not the case! Skipping this essential step, especially after cleansing, can actually lead to an increase in oil production due to the dryness caused from not moisturizing.
Recommended MALIN+GOETZ Products for Glowing Summer Skin
- Grapefruit Face Cleanser. This amino acid-based cleanser thoroughly cleanses without stripping or drying, leaving all skin types perfectly balanced. Grapefruit kills bacteria and is a natural astringent, making this a cleanser and toner in one.
- Replenishing Face Serum. Lightweight and oil-free, this hydrating serum works as an instensive moisture-booster – especially when applied before moisturizer. We like to describe it as a “drink of water for the face.” This serum will keep your skin looking dewy and bright year-round.
- SPF 30 Face Moisturizer. Apply before you head outside and protect your skin from the harshness of the sun. This moisturizer hydrates while providing broad-spectrum protection. It also serves as an aftershave for men and a makeup primer for women.