If you're craving pizza but not carbs, this recipe is a must-try! It won't necessarily taste like a textured, doughy pizza crust, but it's a great option for those looking to cut back on processed foods or grains. Not only is this pizza a healthy and unique alternative to the classic pie, but it's delicious, too.
What you'll need:
- Food processor
- Baking sheet
- Cooking spray
- Tin foil
- Cauliflower head
- Chicken breast
- Egg whites
- Pasta sauce
- Cheese (optional)
1. Chop up the cauliflower head that the florets will fit into the food processor. Process until fine.
2. Cut up all veggies to use for toppings.
3. Place the processed cauliflower in a large bowl and mix in 1 (one) cup of egg whites to create your pizza "dough."
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
5. Cover the baking sheet with tin foil. Spray the baking sheet with cooking spray to prevent sticking and spread your "dough" mixture to a depth of approximately 1/4 inch. Sprinkle with cumin.
6. Once the oven is preheated, place the baking sheet in and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and crispy around the edges.
7. Remove from the oven and cover it with sauce. Let stand.
8. Slice chicken breasts and season with your favorite seasonings. Cook chicken pieces over medium heat in a sauce pan.
9. Cover the pizza with veggies, chicken (and cheese if you're using it), and then place the pizza back in the over for another 5 minutes.
10. Remove, slice and serve!