Do you strive to make a difference in people’s lives? Is your goal to be one of the best Private Trainers or yoga instructors in the industry? Whatever your reason for wanting to work here, we would like to hear from you.
As the gold standard for sports, fitness and health clubs in the world, we offer rewarding career opportunities in fitness, spa, housekeeping, sales, maintenance and more. Whether you work at one of our clubs or our corporate office, we’re committed to helping you achieve your career and wellness goals. In fact, Boston Business Journal named us the 2013, and 2014 Healthiest Employer (midsize company).
Sports Club/LA and Reebok Sports Club/NY are ready to make a difference in your life! We encourage you to take a look at our current career opportunities by searching below.
For updates, follow us on Twitter!
What Sets Us Apart
Corporate Office | Human Resources
Sports Club/LA has a rich history of over 30 years as the gold standard in our industry. We operate seven luxury clubs across the country and support over 30,000 Members in achieving their health and fitness goals. Rated as one of the healthiest places to work in Boston, Sports Club/LA offers its employees access to a range of benefits including, but not limited to, complimentary access to our Clubs, health coverage, flexible spending accounts, a retirement program and more.
Your inspiration and success are our passions, and we’re looking forward to you joining our team.
The Benefit Specialist reports to the Director of Payroll and Benefits and is responsible for maintaining and processing employee benefits for all company operations. Provides support to employees by answering various benefit questions. Will also have basic competencies as an HR Generalist (including 401k, workers compensation, FMLA, EEO-1 reporting and management reporting). Should be well versed in handling confidential correspondence and possess the ability to exercise a high degree of discretion in handling employee issues. The position requires a good sense of relationship building, initiative, common sense, verbal and written communication, and confidentiality.
- Knowledge of ADP Enterprise and Reporting software system is a requirement. Additional knowledge of ADP Health & Welfare Service Engine, a plus.
- Process and maintain employee benefits programs such as 401k; major medical plans; dental plans; COBRA administration; term life and AD&D insurance plans; disability programs; and any other type benefit programs in conjunction with the benefits broker.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate employee benefit information and payroll deductions in the ADP systems. Process reconciliation and medical and benefit monthly billing in the ADP H&W system.
- Responsible for leading our Wellness Program and motivating and guiding a wellness team committee across the company clubs. Coordinates monthly meetings, wellness initiatives and employee classes with the clubs for all employees. Creates and distributes a monthly wellness newsletter and monthly education material.
- Vacation and Sick Time tracking of accruals in the ADP system and financial reporting.
- Reporting for auditing and benefit eligibility that includes average hours and average rates calculation.
- Responsible for Annual Medical Open Enrollment Education and roll out for our medical plans and FSA plans.
- Coordinates the roll-out of approved new plans and changes by preparing announcement material, booklets, and other media for communicating new plans to employees. Organizes employee/vendor meetings and enrolls employees in optional plans. Revises and reissues all communications material on benefits from time to time. Advises and counsels management and employees on existing benefits.
- Responsible for content, announcements and updates of our employee benefit information sites (ADP Employee Portal and Employee Benefit Center).
- Prepares and executes, with legal consultation, benefit documentation such as original and amended plan texts, benefit agreements and insurance policies. Instructs insurance carriers, trustees, and other administrative agencies outside the company to effect changes in benefit program. Ensures prompt and accurate compliance.
- Handles benefit inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution.
- Assures company compliance with provisions of Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA). Prepares reports and applications required filed with federal and state agencies, such as IRS, Department of Labor, insurance commissioners, and other regulatory agencies. Reviews and analyzes changes to state and federal laws pertaining to benefits, and reports necessary or suggested changes to management.
- Compiles benefit information and statistical and census data for actuaries, insurance carriers, and management.
- Through the benefits broker; gathers the census data and quotations from vendors.
- Records maintenance - maintain proper documentation of all employee records including confidential FMLA, medical records, and other HR files, as required. Regularly audits files to ensure proper placement, compliance and retention.
- Responsible for New Hire monthly benefit orientation.
- Legal Compliance – ensure compliance with all state and federal requirements. Consult with internal and external legal resources to ensure compliance.
- Employee Relations – prepare communications for employees in conjunction with Director of Payroll and Benefits.
- Employee Support - provide guidance concerning HR policies & procedures, counsel employees and/or refer to EAP as appropriate, provide resources to employees regarding all aspects of benefits.
- Health & Safety – coordinate training and communication of health and safety issues including injury and illness prevention, OSHA reporting, health fairs and other aspects of safety and health programs.
Education and/or Experience:
- BA/BS degree in Business, HR Management or related field of study.
- Minimum 3 years of HR and Benefit experience.
- Equivalent education or experience may be substituted for any of the above.
- Knowledge of ADP Enterprise and ADP Reporting software systems is a requirement. ADP Health and Welfare, a plus
- Working knowledge and proficiency in Human Resource Management principles and labor law, including ERISA, benefit plan structures, wage and hour law, and all other employment aspects.
- Advanced skill level in Excel and Power Point.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills, ability to communicate clearly with both internal and external customers/employees.
- Must possess a high degree of organizational skill with ability to be highly detail oriented.
- Solid time management skills with ability to prioritize organize and successfully balance multiple tasks and requests.
- Self-starter; able to work with minimal direction in a high pressure environment.
- Ability to maintain confidential information is critical to the success of this position.
- Positive attitude, morale booster, ability to influence others in a positive manner.
- Proven team player with corporate and remote office locations.
- Adaptability / flexibility / willing to change and adjust with business conditions.
- Coachable and actively participates in coaching process.
About Millennium Partners Sports Club Management LLC
Millennium Partners Sports Club Management LLC is an operator of seven premier health clubs committed to helping Members achieve their fitness goals by providing an extensive range of amenities and programs, as well as access to highly experienced fitness professionals, all within unrivaled venues that artfully blend state-of-the-art fitness equipment with cutting-edge technological innovation. The sports and fitness clubs within the company’s portfolio include: Sports Club/LA complexes in Boston, Chestnut Hill, Miami, San Francisco, Washington D.C and New York's Upper East Side as well as Reebok Sports Club/NY. For more information, please visit the company’s website at sportsclubla.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
or Back to the Index