Do you strive to make a difference in people’s lives? Is your goal to be one of the best Private Trainers or yoga instructors in the industry? Whatever your reason for wanting to work here, we would like to hear from you.
As the gold standard for sports, fitness and health clubs in the world, we offer rewarding career opportunities in fitness, spa, housekeeping, sales, maintenance and more. Whether you work at one of our clubs or our corporate office, we’re committed to helping you achieve your career and wellness goals. In fact, Boston Business Journal named us the 2013, and 2014 Healthiest Employer (midsize company).
Sports Club/LA and Reebok Sports Club/NY are ready to make a difference in your life! We encourage you to take a look at our current career opportunities by searching below.
For updates, follow us on Twitter!
What Sets Us Apart
Gyrotonic Pilates Instructor (Sports Club LA/Washington DC)
Washington, DC | Mind/Body
Sports Club/LA has a rich history of over 30 years as the gold standard in our industry. We operate seven luxury clubs across the country and support over 30,000 Members in achieving their health and fitness goals. Sports Club/LA offers its employees access to a range of benefits which may include, complimentary access to our Clubs, health coverage, flexible spending accounts, a retirement program and more.
Primary Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide members with a complete and well-structured class that begins and ends on time and follows the level and description on the class schedule.
- Prior to class, make an announcement that includes name, class level, screens for beginners/injuries and suggests supplementing their mat classes with private or semi-private sessions in the studio.
- Demonstrate correct body alignment and execution of exercises when necessary.
- Offer exercise modifications for beginning, injured, or limited students.
- Address students by name when possible.
- Provide a positive and comfortable class environment for students.
- Demonstrate a genuine interest in and dedication to improving the health and fitness of the members.
- Communicate member feedback, comments and suggestions to management.
- Provide management with accurate class counts after each class.
- Adhere to microphone and stereo usage policies.
- Ensure that props are neatly stowed after each class and studio is in perfect condition.
- Attend mandatory club meetings and trainings.
- Maintain a consistent schedule with less than 20% of classes subbed out during each schedule.
- Follow proper procedures when requesting a sub. Understand that you are ultimately responsible for your class.
- Exhibit awareness of and enthusiasm for all programs offered by the Club.
- Assist fellow teachers and the GEM by subbing when needed and goes above and beyond to help.
Private/Duet Sessions, Trios and Small Group Training:
- Update PAR-Q as needed for every client, perform a Bodyage assessment and obtain medical clearance if necessary prior to the session.
- Design a custom workout to meet the client’s specific needs or requests.
- Provide a complete 55 minute session with full attention paid to the Member at all times.
- Offer a safe progression of exercises.
- Follow all studio policies and procedures.
- Maintain a consistent schedule of at least 15 hours per week of teaching classes and training combined.
- Encourage clients to maintain a regular training schedule, following up with all comp sessions and contact clients who have been out of the studio for an extended time.
- Awareness of the monthly mind/body goal, your personal goal and assist the studio in exceeding that goal.
- Experience working with injuries and dysfunctions.
- A nationally recognized Pilates Certification or PMA certification with a minimum of 400 hours of training.
- CPR/AED certification.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current fitness trends and safety requirements of class types and levels.
- Flexible schedule.
- Ability to speak conversational English is required.
Your inspiration and success are our passions, and we’re looking forward to you joining our team.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please respond with your resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
About Millennium Partners Sports Club Management LLC
Millennium Partners Sports Club Management LLC is an operator of seven premier health clubs committed to helping Members achieve their fitness goals by providing an extensive range of amenities and programs, as well as access to highly experienced fitness professionals, all within unrivaled venues that artfully blend state-of-the-art fitness equipment with cutting-edge technological innovation. The sports and fitness clubs within the company’s portfolio include: Sports Club/LA complexes in Boston, Chestnut Hill, Miami, San Francisco, Washington D.C and New York's Upper East Side as well as Reebok Sports Club/NY. For more information, please visit the company’s website at sportsclubla.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
or Back to the Index